Saturday 8 December 2012

Scuba - Bestival 2012 - 09/09/12


It's Saturday night at the Isle of Wight, or rather it's 2am on the Sunday morning, and I've yet to see any acts at Bestival with a friend. I'm feeling a little lonely considering it's the third day of the festival and I've been dancing in the same spot in the Rizlab for around 5 hours now. Raf Daddy was fun, Coldcut proceeded to play a special, spectacular set with four turntables and Toddla T brought out MC DRS, Serocee and Shola Ama for The Toddla T Sound. At midnight, Bonobo came to DJ for two hours. He was the artist I most looked forward to at the entire festival despite it not even being his live show, yet he didn't disappoint. So it's 2am, I'm a little tired and a little lonely, and I'm thoroughly convinced nothing would be good enough to follow up the experience I'd just been a part of.

I'd been texting a friend I'd made on Twitter as she was at the festival and we'd been meaning to meet up. She was also in the Rizlab now and when she finally made it to the front barrier I was more than glad to recognise a friendly face (even if for the first time). This feeling amplified the vibes coming from Scuba's set which were good enough to warrant the artist's arrogance.

He navigated the tunes he's known for, such as The Hope, making his already short hour set fly by even faster. He also played one of my favourite tunes of the year, Dun Dun by Joy Orbison + Boddika. The Sunklo label record was exclusive enough but I'd just managed to purchase my own copy and there was definitely something special about hearing Scuba throw it on when I'd acquired a copy days earlier. And how could I forget the ridiculous, ecstatic moment when he tore the place apart with the legendary Adrenalin?


Photo by me

No comments:

Post a Comment